In-Home Energy Assessments
An In-Home Energy Assessment is the easy, convenient and free way to measure your home’s energy efficiency – lowering your energy bills and saving you money.
SAVE ENERGY AND SAVE MONEY!
If you’re interested in lowering your monthly energy bill or reducing your energy consumption, an in-home energy assessment is right for you. This free assessment by a qualified energy advisor can pinpoint areas of your home that are wasting energy and raising your bill.
- Schedule an Appointment: Call us at (812) 358-4458 and we’ll help you schedule a convenient time for our energy advisor to come to your home or business. You can also fill out the form below.
- Preparation: Second, to save you time during the entire process, we recommend you create clear and easy to maneuver pathways to your windows, basement, water heater, furnace, A/C unit and circuit breaker. Ashes in fireplaces and woodstoves should also be cleaned out.
- Equipment Setup: After arriving and briefly explaining the process, the advisor will bring the energy assessing equipment into your home and set it up. We encourage you to ask as many questions as you like.
- Energy Efficiency Tour: After all equipment is in place, the advisor will lead you on an energy efficiency tour of your home; and point out areas that need improvement. This assessment includes finding air leaks, evaluating insulation levels and reviewing your electric appliances.
- Questions and Answers: After the assessment is complete and the equipment is packed up, the advisor will answer any and all questions you may have.
- Report: In the days following the assessment, you can expect to receive a report detailing your assessment and how you can improve your home’s energy efficiency.
An in-home energy assessment is perfect for a homeowner interested in reducing their monthly energy bills or improving their home’s energy efficiency. An energy efficient home can help lend to decreasing the environmental impact created by the production and consumption of electricity.
WHAT DO I GET IN RETURN?
An energy-efficient home not only saves the homeowner money, but by using less energy it can help lend to decrease the environmental impact created by the production and consumption of electricity. Additionally, homeowners will receive a free energy efficiency kit, a detailed report of their energy usage, and can save anywhere from 5-30% on monthly energy bills.
[Source: U.S. Department of Energy]
WHY WOULD I WANT AN IN-HOME ENERGY ASSESSMENT?
An in-home energy assessment is perfect for any homeowner interested in reducing their monthly energy bill or improving their home’s energy efficiency.
I RENT, CAN I HAVE AN ASSESSMENT DONE?
Consult your landlord or property manager before scheduling an energy assessment.
HOW MUCH WILL AN ASSESSMENT SAVE ME?
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, you could save between 5-30% on monthly electric bills.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
60-90 minutes depending on the size of your home, the accessibility of select areas and appliances and the number of questions you have.
IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO MYSELF?
Educating yourself about energy efficient techniques and practices is the best way to lower your bill and save more money. For example, by simply turning off appliances when not needed, such as televisions, light bulbs, and computers, you can consume less energy and save more money.
WHY DOES JACKSON COUNTY REMC OFFER THIS?
Jackson County REMC is a member-owned energy co-op, not an investor-owned utility. We exist only to serve our members and bring them reliable and affordable power. We’re always looking for ways to save our members money and one of the best ways to do that is to understand your home’s energy efficiency.
HOW DO I GET ONE?
Call us today at (812) 358-4458 to schedule an appointment at a convenient time or fill out the form below and our energy advisor will contact you.
IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO PREPARE?
To save time during the entire process, we recommend you create clear and easy-to-maneuver pathways to your kitchen, windows, basement, water heater, furnace, A/C unit, and circuit breaker. The easier it is for our advisors to reach your cracks, windows, appliances, and more, the faster and more precise the assessment will be.